Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

URGENT: Help here please.

I'm a newbie here. I don't know anything about scripting so I am here asking for the masters. I really wanted to make a game that features these:
  • Skill Amulets: amulet, that is when equipped, you'll acquire a new skill
  • Breakable/Repairable/Upgradeable Weapons/Armors: Is it possible to merge these three??
  • Weapons that has a specific skill and that skill uses a certain point (i thinks it's limit break that im referring to) and this point increases as you use the normal attack command. you can only use that skill once the bar for that point is full. (is it clearly explained??)
  • a script that replaces escape with retreat
  • just like on Breath of Fire, a script that lets you encounter more monsters at night
  • a script that supports day/night system and is synchronized with a small time box on the upper right corner of the screen. (possible?)
  • a script that shows map names
  • the best AMS script? what do you suggest?
  • A script that displays a battle report and shows also the increased stats when a player levels up.
  • a script that support multiple item drops
  • "random treasure" chests?
  • cheat input system
  • a save/load sleep points (a point that requires tents to be used to)
  • different skill terms for each class??
  • and for the thief class, isntead of the skills command, be replaced with steal command (possible?)
  • Player switching points (the party still supports up to 4 characters, but can hold up to 8 persons or more, so i need player switching points)

hope you can help me. i'll credit you all after i finish my game. thanks a lot!:)

I know how to change the escape to retreat...

go to the script section of the RMXP program...

once there scroll down till you find the WIndows_PartyCommand

once there you'll see in purple inside the box = Attack,Escape

change the Escape into whatever you want... as you said retreat...

if this fails to work, there might be another place to change it, just find it and do the same... escape to retreat.. spelling and caps do apply...

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.