Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[UPDATE!][REQUEST] A few minor things(?)

Zaenos

Okay, RTAB has been giving me so many compatibility issues that I'm going to change my request. In lieu of what I said before, I'd like if someone could provide me with a script for an 'AP cost' battle system, that is, one where characters have a gauge that fills up over time and different actions can be set to use up a certain amount of the gauge. I also need it to have a system (built-in or add-on) that emulates the RTAB Connected Attacking Add-on. Throughout all this turn-triggered events should still work. Finally, a built-in/add-on option to 'pause' everything while animations play would be wonderful. No change to the HP/SP display is needed, just an AP bar, and obviously, a high compatibility with other scripts is desired as much as possible.

I realize this is probably a much bigger request and I'm sorry for the trouble. If anyone's up to the task, they would be my hero. Thank you!

Original post":31wlct4x said:
Hello, I've been lurking around for a while and have found some very nice scripts to improve my game. Now, I just need help fine-tuning a few of them before I'm set. Unfortunately, I have practically no coding ability, so I'll need help. I'll start with these:

1. I'm using Cogwheel's RTAB and I would like a 'pause' to occur every time an animation plays ('cast animation', 'user animation', 'target animation', etc.) (for both actors and enemies). Basically, the ATB and any pending actions are put on hold until the animation is complete. This should be compatible with the Cooperative Skills Add-on. With this I'm hoping to increase drama and make things seem a little less hectic and confusing.

2. I'd like some way to make certain attacks unavoidable and allow them to ignore defense. This may already be possible with the base system, but if so I don't know how.

3. I'd also like the "Defend" command to have its own animation.

And just a question: For the purpose of triggers, how does RTAB define a 'turn'? How does it work in regards to status effects that heal over time?

I don't think any of these would be too difficult, but what do I know? XP Thank you!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.