Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Unlimited skills script

Hello everyone! I have been working on a game now for over 2 years by myself. This game is inspired by the "Dante Vs Kratos" movies on youtube. I thought it would be very cool to actually see these 2 as well as every character on video games and animes fighting each other in an rpg styled super smash brothers type video game.

IF you're interested in what I have so far here's 2 videos of all the characters I made for it so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgW4EgfnDpI
Download link is in the description. Does not contain Terranort.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfdzfSjCpYk

As you can see I have what I think is a pretty good game going now. But I have one problem. There is a limit of 999 actors, classes, enemies, items, weapons, armors, skills, and animations...

My major concern right now is the limit of 999 actors, enemies, and skills. I have made a list of characters I want to put into the game but the list contains well over 300 characters some of which have over 20 skills. With this limit I can only have a max of 111 characters with 9 skills each.

If this limit is not resolved I will be forced to discontinue the project. And so I am requesting a script that will allow me to make more than 999 skills. It would also be nice if I could get a script to make more than 999 actors, classes, enemies, items, weapons, armors, troops and animations.

I don't know if I'll need all that but it would be nice to have those scripts just incase. But what I want for now is a script to allow me to make over 999 skills.

I know a script like this will be easy to make. If this were C++ or similar I could make it myself but unfortunately I cannot figure out how ruby works, and the fact that RPG Maker XP does not tell you why a script has an error detailed enough to be able to fix it it makes it even harder to learn.

With me being in college I don't have time to learn ruby anyway. I hardly have time to work on this project during the semester. I can make maybe 3 characters a week max during a semester. But that's still good progress I think.

I want the script to emulate the values in the database while making skills so that the battle system script can work with them. So if anyone will help me by making this script I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

Uh, personally I think your shooting a little too high.
Besides, with scripting, I THINK it's difficult to break the database limits and maintaining them via a script would be a mess. You can however break HP/SP/dmg limits.

Thanks Atoa! I know I'm shooting a little high too but this is a hobby of mine. I don't know if I'll be able to create all the characters that I want to but I do this as a hobby and it won't upset me if I fall short of my goal.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.