Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Universal Random Drops-RESOLVED

I know Seph made a script like this, but I do not want to have to put in all the IDs, for that would take me hours and hours.

I think that was your problem from the very beginning... Don't be so lazy, you already count on SephirothSpawn's script, it took a long time to make it work properly.

shadowball;323474 said:
I think that was your problem from the very beginning... Don't be so lazy, you already count on SephirothSpawn's script, it took a long time to make it work properly.
The problem isn't that I'm lazy. It's that for some reason his script doesn't completely work for me. It only works for one enemy and no others. If that problem could be resolved, that would be even better. Anyway, I'm not being lazy or anything. I appreciate the time it took Seph to make such a great script, but it doesn't work for me. That's why I asked for a new script sorta-kinda based off his, although not a copy.

You can always use loop functions to set everything.

Code:
for i in 1...number_of_enemies_in_database
  <Drops>[i] = {}
  for j in 1...number_of_items
    <Drops>[i][j] = rand(5) + 1
  end
end

That isn't the exact setup, but an idea what you can do with my version if no one takes your request.

SephirothSpawn;324146 said:
You can always use loop functions to set everything.

Code:
for i in 1...number_of_enemies_in_database
  <Drops>[i] = {}
  for j in 1...number_of_items
    <Drops>[i][j] = rand(5) + 1
  end
end

That isn't the exact setup, but an idea what you can do with my version if no one takes your request.
I'll experiment around with that, Seph. Thanks. But since I don't really know scripting at all, a full script would be super helpful. Just saying...
(Sorry for double posting/bumping--I was sorta panicked because I really need the script and my time is running out. Won't happen again. ;) )

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.