Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Ultima Online Styled House Commands

In my game, I want it to be possible for the character to purchase homes inside of cities that are for sale (Think Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion). To go along with that idea, I also want the player to be able to have a bit of freedom to place add ons to the inside of their home (IE: They buy a table, a table gets placed where they want it to go in the house with a window).

I wanted to add this feature so that you didnt necessarily have to kill monsters or do the main adventure to enjoy the game.

Any ideas or help?

during the .net days, I think someone had made a similar request to this one.
I'm pretty sure the script was being made, although I'm not sure if it was ever finished.

I'll take a look around to see if I can find it somewhere.

Sephirothspawn had started something like this, but as far as I know, he never finished it. All that was released was a beta demo that allowed you to buy items and place them in a house map, but with no limitations (For example, you could place a pot in the middle of a wall.)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.