Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

UCoders Message System

Hi, i've installed this as you said, copied and pasted the scripts, in order, into my script editor. Now whenever i try to type in any of the commands, like \fcname it doesnt work, and instead shows \fcname Hi! In the text window. -.-

Great script workes great

But it seems to interfere with my Caterpillar script

and makes some of the characters following the main character

move out of line

im guessing it has somthing to do with the module script?

seeing as UCoders made a Caterpillar script that workes differently

than most

That was unintentional. The Caterpillar script is for my ABS but somehow the Module interferes with the script u are using. I tried fixing it before but couldn't.

Hi, i've installed this as you said, copied and pasted the scripts, in order, into my script editor. Now whenever i try to type in any of the commands, like \fcname it doesnt work, and instead shows \fcname Hi! In the text window. -.-

You are doing something wrong. Check the demo.

That seems like a bad error on my part but easily fixable. I'll be using that feature in my upcoming game so I'll upload a fix this weekend.

Fido

Okay... Mr. Mo, you rule.  But, could you kindly recomend 7-Zip, instead of Winrar, which forces you to get a license after a while.

Okay. It's great.
My only problem is that since I added it, events are no longer able to pass through other events even with through turned on.  So far I've been able to get past all the problems it's caused, but I suggest you look into fixing that, as it could potentially cause some serious problems.
I'll most likely still use it even if you can't fix it though. I love it that much.  :thumb:

I'm having some problems with it. I downloaded the .rar and extracted it, but the game itself won't open. The error massage says that ''Project could not be opened due to incopatibilty of software versions''. I'm assuming that I have an older version of RPG Maker XP, how do I upgrade it so I can use the program?

Not to say that this script is inferior (it's great, it's amazing, I seriously do not know how people come up with scripts at all, but yea I look up to ALL scripters!) But is there anyway to merge some of these features, like the HOVER system, with ccoa's Universal Message system?

yoshay

can someone help me with the error?
It reads: Script 'UCoder's Message System' line 337: NoMethodError occured.
                undifined method 'downcase' for ["Amasis MT", "Miriam", "MS UI Gothic", "Arial"]:Array

Those are text styles, ike what shape the words are. Do you have those styles in your font themes. You should have Arial at least, check to see if you have them and let us know.

yoshay

I have arial, but not the others. (I tried to download the other fonts, but I found out they cost $20 to $60!). I can play UCoders Message System demo fine, but the error only appears when I add the scripts to my game. Which by the way, is the CTB by Charlie Lee v2.7 demo, just edited a tiny bit.(At the moment.)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.