Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Trading System

Intro

So I was thinking about it, and I thought that it'd be cool if you could walk up to NPCs and press a button that opens up a trade menu. This could be good ways for the creator to let the player search for rarer stuff, and I like it better then constantly having chests and stores.

What the Script Is

So what I'm looking for, is the player can go up to an NPC and press a button. If the NPC trades, then a new screen pops up, and there are two sides. On the left, it shows the player (can be sprite or face), and a list of things to trade. On the right is the NPC (with face or sprite graphic), with what they have to trade. Each item can have a trade number (if you've played Chrono Cross, and traded, then you'll see how much points is needed to trade for a specific item, and how much each is worth).

So what I figured, is in the script, the NPC can be given the ID of the items to trade, and there can be a function to decide what items the NPC has later.

I thought this would be a nifty little script, and if anybody could be of help, it would be most appreciated. :) If you have any questions, let me know.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.