Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Tiny, tiiiiiiny edit

Hi everyone! I'm BlackMage, I'm new to the boards here, though I'm not new to RMXP. I started working with this program about 6 months ago, and since then have made a couple of projects (both sucky, by the way) and am now working on a project I hope to God will be good.

Basically, I'm looking for an edit to the basic Battle system. What do I want, you ask? Well, I'll tell you. I'd like it if, for a regular "Attack," the power was determined from adding together the actor's STR with the weapon's ATK power, instead of just being determined for the ATK power of the weapon.

Thanks, and Merry Christmas!

BlackMage

Add this in a new script above main
Code:
class Game_Actor
  alias add_str_base_atk base_atk
  def base_atk
    n = add_str_base_atk
    n += base_str
    return n
  end
end

Untested but it should work let me know you it gives you any trouble

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.