Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Timed text/text delay

NOTE: This is for XP

I am looking for a Timed Text or Text Delay script. What I want is so that I can put some kind of a delay on the text, so that instead of the user pressing the spacebar, the text will be removed after a certain amount of frames. I am aware of Ccao's Universal message script, but this script is breaking another script, see here for more information about that(if you can help me with that problem, then I will not need this...)but untill then...

To be more specific...I need a script that(if possible) will not allow the user to skip or speed up the message when a code like "\w[# of Frames]" is put in the text, like with Ccoa's UMS, and will remove the text box after the amount of frames put in. So I need just a script for that, instead of using the full UMS. *If you need anymore info about what I am asking for, then please ask here*

Well, you can use Ccoa's message system, but just use that one part of it. I am using it for my game, and all I'm using it for is message scrolling and message window sizing. Sorry if that wasn't much help, but I would recommend looking on here using the search and look on other sites, too. Good luck!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.