Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Time display

Script Title:
Time display with a time system
RMXP or RMVX:
RMXP
Detailed Description:
I need a basic time system. However I want a window that appears in the bottom right corner of the window, displaying the time.
The format of the time should be in 24 hour clock, displaying the Hour, Minute and Second... EG. 13:45:35
Screen shots:
exampleo.png

Other Scripts I am using (in order):
None as of yet...

Real time? (The time on your computer's clock)
Game Time? (Elapsed time since the player started this game, like on the menu)
Stop Watch? (You want to be able to set the starting time, and have it keep track from that point)

Kinda like game time, Only I want it to start at a specific time... And count at about 3x rate to normal time flow.
So, Three seconds to every one.

And then, My game has a time limit...
So I'm looking to be able to activate a common event or something When the clock hits a certain time...

I can picture kind of how it'd work...
But scripting goes way over my head...
(Seriously, I can script a window. That's it. Then anything I do crashes.)

I did this a goofy way, basically because what you described was a Playtime Window without the text that runs 3x as fast.
So instead of creating a sprite, I just copied Window_PlayTime & modified it. To copy into your project, copy the "Window_MapTime" script, and the graphics in Windowskins & Pictures.
To set the starting time, multiply out the total number of seconds, and set @start_time to that number (line 18)

Demo:
http://www.box.net/shared/2gseqo2qai

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.