Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

tim minchin thread

so hey i wanna talk about singer/pianist/songwriter/comedian tim minchin (wikipedia link)

timminchin_0309_crjamespenlidis_main.jpg

he's australian which sortof goes against my whole USAUSAUSA gimmick but i would say that he is arguably one of the greatest songwriters of our time! :box: his songs are loaded with REALLY SMART rhymes that are usually funny and poignant at the same time.

and this site is swarming with you brits ( :mad: ) these days so i'm sure plenty of people have heard of and wanna talk about tim

he's totally atheist, really into SCIENCE and LOGIC and the kind of stuff that people should be into, and lots of his songs hilariously point out lots of the problems with religion. i know, i know, the whole "lol im atheist" gimmick only goes so far: he's also got plenty of other songs that are just plain funny, but his BEST songs have a BEAUTIFUL balance of humor with legitimate and often really intelligent themes and insights.

so i became a fan after seeing this (imo everyone should totally watch this):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhGuXCuDb1U

but my favorite song of his though is ROCK N ROLL NERD, because it's so fucking PERSONAL and funny and touching and everything. i've cried because of this song (actually there are a number of his songs that made me cry) and how close it hits and i think that the basic idea is pretty universal largely BECAUSE it's so personal. after hearing this one i totally fell in love with this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKpQCexEMRw

I on the other hand already knew about the amazingly talented tim minchin, his songs are always good and he sings without mistake he is BRILLIANT (Never knew he was Australian though :biggrin: )

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.