Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Three New Battle System Additions

Rya

Detailed Description:

I have two ideas, that I want to work together. I was looking to do this myself, but am unsure of how to accomplish the tasks. So I thought I'd see if someone else would be interested in doing this for me. NOTE: If this is done, I am looking to use it for a commercial game.

Skill Setup

This one takes part in the menu as well, though it's a small addition. Pretty much, what it is, is that a character has to equip certain skills before battle, to use them. As they level, they gain new slots to put more skills in. Example: Actor 1 can equip 3 skills at level 1, that he can use in battle freely. At level 4, he can use 4.

I thought this would make the player have to think more carefully about how they go about battles, and would offer a bit more of a challenge. They can switch around skills in the menu all they want. The number of skills a character can equip and how many they gain through level, should be able to be determined the script by the user.

Stance Setup

This is like the skill setup, but a little different. I would like to also have it be that for a character to use a certain skill, they have to pick a category. This idea is for like if a knight goes into battle, using a certain art of combat. Or a martial artist. Then they recieve all of the skills under that stance, but only the skills under that stance. This can also be changed around in the menu, and should be determined by the user of the script, who gets it.

Elemental Break

The last one is what I call Elemental Break. When an opponent (or ally) uses a skill with an elemental factor, they have a moment to react to it, and stop the elemental attack. A button prompt or a flash should be an indication. They recieve a quarter of the damage. I'd like this to be set up by ID under the script, so that the user can choose which ones EB can be used on, and on what frame of the animation they have to press the button to use the break (or array of frames).

Compatability:
I am hoping to have this compatible with Minkoff's Animated Battle System.

If anyone has any questions, suggestions, or such, please let me know.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.