Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

This one's easy ... I think.

Aevin

I'm hoping for something that will allow me to define states that are exempt from the enemy's random targeting routine. Pretty please? Here's what I'm looking for:

Required features:
-If an ally is affected by chosen state(s), enemies will stop randomly targeting him.
-They can still be affected by abilities that hit everyone.
-They can still be targeted by allies at will.

Extras (don't bother with these if they're too complicated):
-Enemies affected by chosen state(s) will not be targeted by an ally if his assigned target dies.
-Enemies and allies affected by the chosen state(s) won't be randomly targeted by confused allies.
-Allies can still manually select these targets.
-Enemies won't attempt to apply the same states twice, (such as casting Mute on an already Muted ally).

If something like this already exists, please point me in the right direction. Thanks!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.