Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

"There! Forget your magic!"

I just realized this was something I was going to need for my game in the future, but I figured I may as well post the request now.

In Breath of Fire II there was a (highly annoying) boss who's special power was the ability to make anyone forget anything he wished, and he would use this in battle to make you forget your abilities. He would hit a character with a skill, and afterwards if you looked in said character's skill menu, the last spell on the list was grayed out, and the information on the skill was replaced with "I can't remember". Obviously, you couldn't use the skill either. After the fight, however, the skill was restored, but there was nothing you could do to restore it during battle.

The above is what I need, with a slight modification. Instead of it making the character "forget" the last spell on the list, I need it to make a character forget spells with a certain element type. Like forget all fire spells; that sort of thing.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.