Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

the hackers that ruin the game

My favorite online game (in front of BF2) is Combat Arms. Yet what sucks the fun out of it are the noobs that complain and call you a cheater when you do good. Then there are the hackers that ruin the game for everyone (same goes for glitchers). I mean when I first started playing I thought all of that was cool for about 2 seconds. Just wanted your opinions on the matter, game habits/styles regarding these type of folk =/ Or some ways to deal with them if you know of any. Peace out fellow gamers.

Noobs will be noobs. Everyone is new to the game at some point. When you see something you're not sure how to do, you'd think it might be cheating. The noobs will realize and no longer be noobs, but then a new bunch of noobs will replace them until the game dies. I.E. Everyone is new once. Give them time.
In the way of hacking and glitching...
In friendly and chilled games, it's alright. But if you go into a competitive game and hack, there is no honor, no skill in your victory and the win will never be yours.
This is why I don't often play competitive games.
LoL is the only team competitive game I do play, but I try to keep it casual. The thing you've gotta remember is that it's just a game.
Here is a list of things team competitive gaming that I've taken from LoL and Dust 514:
YOU WILL LOSE AT SOME POINT.
EVERYONE ON YOU TEAM WILL HATE YOU. AT SOME POINT.
SOME PEOPLE ARE DICKS.
DON'T LOOK SO DOWN THOUGH, YOU WILL HAVE GOOD GAMES.
NOBODY GIVES A SHIT ABOUT KILL STEAL
NOBODY GIVES A SHIT ABOUT KILL STEAL
NOBODY GIVES A SHIT ABOUT KILL STEALHonestly. I can't stress this enough
COMMUNICATION IS KEY. IF YOU'RE GOING TO A CERTAIN AREA, LET YOUR TEAM KNOW. IF YOU'RE MARKING SOMEONE. LET YOUR TEAM KNOW. IF YOUR GOING AFK. LET YOUR TEAM KNOW
TRY NOT TO GO AFK. IT REALLY DOES EFFECT YOUR TEAM!
DON'T USE REPORTS/BANS AS A THREAT. YOU JUST LOOK LIKE A DICK
DESPITE IT BEING A TEAM GAME, MOST PLAYERS DON'T KNOW A THING ABOUT TEAM WORK

That's about all I can think of right now. Lemme know if this helped you at all.

This thread is a signature spammer thread, we had one of exactly the same title and content not too long ago before the guy shoved an advert in their signature.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.