Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

the crybaby hacker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac

Even if the IP was found out, you cant report it to the authorities due to the fact he never stole anything or did anything towards money needs e.g. steal bank details.

Just gunna have to be more careful really :|

What a *** though!

Mac

Could'nt you just look at edit history, and it should tell you who really did this! Most likely that he hacked a Administrator then closed the forums and did work from there.

I wondered what was going on all the time the forum was down ... I'm glad it's back up on and hope someone's going to beat the shit out of this hacker guy ... on the other hand, he doesn't deserve that much attention ...

The backup that was made Thursday night was deleted by the host, despite the fact that a request went in for the backup before it was erased. It was then replaced with a backup from Friday (last) night, which obviously does us no good.

However, any post that was already edited before the hack can be automatically salvaged.

Mac

Doesn't the forum have a logger to say whenever changes were made because 90% of sites usually have them and they record any means of an IP address entering them..if not then we've been royally screwed over!

Mac

I wasn't referring to him editing it all, im just saying since he would have set up something to change all the posts to this at once, his IP will of been recorded somewhere in the database, soooooo that means you can get hold of that, since you did say this forum has a tracker.

I wasn't referring to him editing it all, im just saying since he would have set up something to change all the posts to this at once, his IP will of been recorded somewhere in the database, soooooo that means you can get hold of that, since you did say this forum has a tracker.

No, actually, it wouldn'tve been recorded in the database. Usually when you hack sites, you don't set it up to store your IP. It would've only stored the IP had he actually used a forum function.

Mac

The thing is no matter what IP's get recorded, if this was forum was made by a forum creator then by specifics it would be recorded, so they should be contacted. IP's are always recorded no matter what, as the government keep tabs on these because of offenders..so im sure the forum creator would have recordance of activity.

vBulletin? Once you get the software, they're completely out of the picture.

Or did you mean Erk? Because then that just goes back to my previous point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.