Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Tatical Script Variance that allows pre-battle unit selection...

Ok, this one is alittle complicated. I'm currently using GTBS tatical combat system. It works great and I recommend it to anyone looking to make a FFTatics rip, but unfortunately I want to try something new now.

Is anyone familiar with Warhammer 40k? Well Games Workshop is pretty good about not making a game that resembles the tabletop game. So what I'm looking to do is make an accurate digital replica. I need a script for tatical combat that allows you to pick the units you want to use from a pregenerated list. So that you can choose your "army" at the begining of a battle. Without being limited to the members of your party. In all honestly I wouldn't mind if the party screen completely disappeared.

Each of the units in the game would have pre-defined stats, no need for EXP, very little need for items. (Only the army leader would really have them so I guess they would be the one that makes up the "party")

Generally as long as I could use a system similar to the GTBS system, or maybe someone could just make a modification to it to make this possible would be great.

If you feel like working on a slightly more advanced script, maybe make it possible so you have a set amount of points to spend on your army and allow the maker to assign a point value to each selectable unit. I would personally use a gold system for this.

Example: Combat starts and your presented a list of units. You have 1500 gold to spend. You want a warrior, the warrior costs 15g. So you spend the 15g and place the warrior, then you see... say.. a tank? The tank costs 300g, it's a stronger unit but it's balanced because it costs more. Combat starts, and it's team based (i.e. Team one moves and shoots/attacks, then team two goes)

I would like to see the game contain a lot of units hopefully around 50 or so on each side. Large scale battles is what i'm shooting for.

If anyone decides to tackle this, natually you have all the creative liberty you want. I mean, Input is more than welcome, the above guidelines are just the core of what i'm looking for.

If anyone can do this please let me know, if this is impossible please let me know why. (I've never seen battles that big in RMXP)

Im sorry if Im not helping with my reply but no one does modifications in complex scripts such as these battle systems. As far as I know, you can choose the starting position of the party in the own GTBS interface, just update the version you've got for the newest... You can put even 20 in a party, or 100000, and distribute them along in the field. About the party buying, before the battle start, do it with events, Choices and Change Party.
But if you want everything in your game to be scripted, just because its the "ideal thing", learn scripting yourself...
The TEAM Based system is also available in the GTBS. Just play a little more with the system and you will find out it is more flexible than you think...

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.