Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Targetting Proper Targets

I had difficulty searching for this, so sorry if it's been posted before. But I was wondering if there was a script or if someone could provide one that forces skills to only be able to target certain targets. I know this has been done before in a 'way' but I want something more specific.
Like with a raising item, it only works on ally's with HP0. But you can still target other allys it just wont work. I was hoping for a way to only be able to select valid targets OR if it would clear out the animations/cancel out the skill if the target wasn't valid.
To be more relevant for what I want and since I want it in regards to enemies not allys, let's say we have a skill that only works on undead enemies. I would prefer to only be able to target those specific enemies.
Thanks,
-K

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.