Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.
Tall Tales of Fall

Tall Tales of Fall

8qLa5gd.png

LrJNprR.png

Hi everyone! This is my entry for the Seasons of RMN II event for the season of fall. :) Hope you guys will enjoy it. ^^

oQi28B3.png

In this season of autumn, a soul adrift this time of contemplation. There are four elements and four directions, but there is only one perception. Enter the Fields of Eternity, and uncover the stories of lost cities, while perceiving through one of the four lost individuals, whose fates are intertwined, wandering to discover the unknown and remember the forgotten.

XL512o7.png

jherMsq.png

Name: Trevor Ferris
Zodiac: Virgo
Description: A young soldier, steady and honorable in his ways. Aspect of Earth and Wanderer from the North.

4RDUBM7.png

Name: Pearl Haymane
Zodiac: Cancer
Description: A young maiden, forced to carry the burden of a priestess. Aspect of Water and Wanderer from the West.

saGcyCB.png

Name: Jake Graylance
Zodiac: Aries
Description: A free-spirited lumberjack, fighting for his homeland. Aspect of Fire and Wanderer from the South.

YKJAMBW.png

Name: Felix Coleman
Zodiac: Libra
Description: An assassin, living in the shadows, living by blood. Aspect of Wind and Wanderer from the East.

fbSt5QD.png

wWEcLW9.png

SZJmb5E.png

peMqHP7.jpg

q6xKQpE.png

0H0aTGh.png

aIzDyJC.png

Features:
- Fast-paced ATB battle system.
- Choose among four characters to start the game and perceive the story with.
- Delve into an atmosphere of mystery and wonder.
- Immersive and atmospheric places and dungeons.
- Secret boss fights and many more!

Credits:

Graphics:

Jason Perry
whtdragon
hian
Moghunter
Pentagon Buddy
KucingBudhug
Naramura
Derex
Hiddenone
DEGICA
Enterbrain, Inc.
Cooltext.com

Music:

Richard, John S.
ayato sound create
tobi (http://karugamo.tk/)
YouFulca/Wingless Seraph
Bitter Sweet Entertainment, Inc.
DEGICA
Enterbrain, Inc.

Plugins:

Yanfly
Moghunter
SumRndmDde
Fallen Angel Olivia
Terrax
DEGICA
Enterbrain, Inc.

Last edited:
I played through with Jake. The beginning felt slow and tedious, but I got into a good groove after the 2nd boss or so. I got lost at the end. I wandered around forever until I discovered the switch in a house which opened the patch in the sunken city. Hidden in plain sight I guess.

I couldn't make much sense of the story. But maybe the other characters would have been more informative.

Hi coyotecraft! Thank you so much for playing the game!! :) And I understand where you're coming from with the slow beginning, and I'm glad you felt it good after the 2nd boss. :D

I know it may feel a bit too confusing with the story what with it having four perceptions and four sides of the story and all. ;) But you are actually meant to feel just as lost as the character you're playing :D Both story-wise and location-wise. ;) And I hope that it was delivered in such a manner that is not too confusing nor nonsensical. xDD

There's actually a world set in stone within the game, but again, are separated in to 4 perceptions. :D You don't have to actually play all 4 if you're satisfied with the 1st playthrough, but if you're curious about their connections to each other and the world in general, then feel free to play another char as well. xD :D (Though I imagine it would be tedious to go through all that again >.< at least you do know how to get around the dungeons now. ;) ) xD

Thanks so much once again, coyotecraft for your feedback! :D

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.