Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

SWF files in RMXP

I tried making a sort of "splash" screen for the start of my game, but animated. I tried making it a .avi, but even though it is extremely short, it is 10mb... A crappy version with only 8 colours is 4.5mb...

So, .swf seems a better option. Only, I have yet to find a .swf player for RMXP.

There was, on another forum (dubealex's asylum, I think) a script for cgi movies, which played images in a row to form a movie, only this didn't work and the creator there hasn't replied.

So, does anyone have a script to play .swf movies in RMXP? OR - a script to play a movie file type in RMXP that is at least smaller than .avi? (One that Flash can export as).

It's almost impossible to script a swf player for rmxp...
If you're only looking for an animated splash screen, why not tell what the splash screen should look like? Maybe posting the pictures you want to use would help too.

Anonymous

.swf is a propriatary format belonging to Adobe. That means that even if someone wanted to make this, they couldn't, legally.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.