Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Suggest TV Shows!

Some of you know I did this on Facebook, maybe. I dunno. :P

Basically, I want to add watching TV back to my pool of interests. I feel very strange that I just don't watch it. D=

Things that interest me:

- Fantasy
- Gripping storylines and/or awesome writing
- Supernatural elements (magic, powers, etc.)
- Quirky humor

Things that don't interest me:

- Drama (medical/crime/soap-opera/etc.)
- Reality shows
- Zombies
- Sitcoms

Things I'm unsure of:

- Sci-fi

I've been suggested some shows, such as:

* Game of Thrones
* Dexter
* True Blood
* The Walking Dead (which I won't watch since I'm sick of zombies currently)

They can be anything, actually. Anime, cartoons, live-action, etc. They do not have to be recent, and can be super old!

Thanks!

Game of thrones is so good
I've been watching it recently and the first season is amazing.

If you haven't seen madoka that is a good anime and its short (but idk if you have already seen it)

I'm sick of zombies too btw

I know this may sound dumb but on Netflix there are a bunch of universe shows that explain space and what it is. If you are interested in stuff like that, it might be a good genre to check out.

Fusty

Sponsor

Merlin is.. kind of good if you like the medieval/fantasy stuff. After a season or two you'll probably get sick of the repetitiveness though. Other recommendations are Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis after that.
Also, The Walking Dead is way to good to skip just because you're "sick of zombies". It's seriously one of the best shows I've ever watched, only to be beaten by Game of Thrones.

moog

Sponsor

attack on titan is great for anime tastes. ive also been rewatching trigun, it still holds up today. And yes, Walking Dead is great and doesnt feel like an lol zombie show, i like it alot.

although the best show on tv imo is Breaking Bad

Thanks guys.

I have some ideas. My first step is find channels for this. I have seen some of the Walking Dead before, by the way, so I had a valid opinion. :P

I almost feel like some of you listed things without realizing what I said I liked, lols. It's coo.

Until I find when things are on, I'll start with browsing. ^^

Deadwood and Pillars of the Earth for one reason and one reason only. Ian Fucking Mcshane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3unEy4Omt-c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-lCeL8JUG4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJFOf5RBQ-8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOYARKA_fgE

Actually there's even more reasons but Ian Mcshane trumps all reasons.

Pillars of the Earth is a story based in Medieval England. It revolves around feudal politics, faith, and the construction of a cathedral.

Deadwood is a western based in the mining camp of Deadwood, the place where Wild Bill Hickok was shot by the Coward McCall.

bacon":2ed4mnbp said:
Game of thrones is so good
I've been watching it recently and the first season is amazing.

If you haven't seen madoka that is a good anime and its short (but idk if you have already seen it)

I'm sick of zombies too btw

Interesting recommendation of Madoka, but I completely support it :thumb:

moog":1u84s6hf said:
Daxis":1u84s6hf said:
Dragons: Riders of berk.

Yes I watched all of this on sunday.

i honestly didnt like this at all

Wasn't a bad show, and with my large knowledge of tropes, story structure, and experience, I didn't come into it expecting the newest thing. What WAS true was that the animation was beautiful, the characters were largest the same as the movie characters while getting those bits and pieces of development and backstory, and was a pretty valid evolution of the movie setting.

So I skipped a lot of boring scenes and got the gist of it. I really liked the movie, and just wanted to dick around and get some more from the setting and characters. Don't expect GoT quality plot twists, it's just a short little HEH and fun ride.

Was also the only thing I could think of immediately.

My wife has been watching Supernatural so like always, I end up watching it with her. It's fairly entertaining; it had to grow on me a little.

Otome Yokai Zakuro

It strikes me as the kind of thing you would write about.
Its about these half fox-spirit girls who work with the government to handle spirit affairs. There is an underlining mystery about Zakuro, the main character, and her mother that is hinted at in each episode which comes together in the end. All of the girls have some kind of sad past; being half spirits they are like outcasts. There isn't a lot of action, they do a song and dance in a few episodes if they're fighting something or using their powers. Cherry blossoms everywhere. There are only a dozen episodes but it's paced well. There is a forced pairing right away with the girls and their human male partner, but the guys are just foils, they are there to help shine light on the girls pasts and powers but otherwise don't really do anything important.

Okay, I know you guys suggested several shows, but does anyone here know of any shows that are good/decent that come on during the daytime?

I only have one TV to watch shows on, and it's in the living room. I'd rather not get interrupted by Star's parents or have them talk louder than the shoe. Not only that, they have strange insights or whatever. I'd rather them not see some shows.

Plus, I have this TV to myself during the day!

Fusty

Sponsor

Wouldn't know about the programming in your country, but have you considered streaming shows? I never watch tv myself anymore, I just use streaming sites to watch whatever I feel like at that moment.
Motionempire.com is a good one for instance.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.