Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Storing variables of an event

Hello, I'm in the middle of making a stargate system, mainly using events, but i'm having a little trouble with a certain part, so i was hoping to use a little RGSS to store certain variables. I have very little knowlage of Ruby, I'm starting to learn, but i would rather have a more experienced coder to do this for me ^_^
Outline so far:

You input a 7 digit number.
The numbers are broken down into 7 variables (map X, map X (10's), map Y, map Y (10's), map ID, map ID (10's) and Point of origin)
The variables are then added together to make make a map ID, X and Y.
What I need now is a script to check for an event on the map (who's ID is stored in variable 11) called "Stargate" and store it's coordinates in variables X=variable 12 Y=variable 13

Thanks for your help!
Fuzzy

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.