Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Stealing avatars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erk

is very annoying. Please don't do it. If you must, for the sake of a joke, then please take it down once the joke has been had. It is a nuisance we have to bring up every so often. (Thank you to the specific folks for taking theirs down)

No, I am not going to make a rule about it, but I do authorise mods to remove peoples' avatars if they are intentionally copying someone else's just to be annoying.

I agree, I have confused Despain already with Lene, because I know half of the people by their avatars. So I think it is a good Idead.

P.S.I dunno if we can post here.

I think you can expect both a wave of single eye avatars, and a "don't be hatin Erku".

Anyway, I don't think this joke would've last longer than a week, remember the #hiver1, #hiver2 name changes? It's probably just something similiar.

Anonymous

In my case it was less "stealing for the sake of a joke" and more "stealing Despain's as a temporary avatar until I decided on something better". I actually did not know it was Lene's until like ten minutes ago so.

What a stupid frivelous reason to make an announcement. Seriously. Dictating avatars? This is what you do instead of updating the site >_>

|3_32

Sponsor

Dude ryan you gotta shut up. As erk said, he ain't making it a rule, but when it goes past a joke, mods can turn your avatar off. Oh noes!!! You'll have to find another avatar!!

Erk":75c6ak1r said:
No, I am not going to make a rule about it, but I do authorise mods to remove peoples' avatars if they are intentionally copying someone else's just to be annoying

This is something he should be discussing with his staff, not announcing, since the only change here is in the staff's power to change avatars. Which I am pretty sure they already had the power to do regardless.

Hay guys stop the "lol arguing".

There was no need for an announcement. It was one person and Erk could have PMed me. But of course there hasn't been an announcement for a while and people were forgetting that Erk as in charge so of course he had to make one. ^_^

I change my avatar anyway so.......back to work!

Anonymous

I think the reason for the announcement is pretty clear - if someone's avatar is removed, they should know why. And if they don't because they haven't paid attention, they can simply be linked to this thread. Far easier than arguing individually with each person. If you read the original post, the problem is or was believed to be more than one person.

Honestly, did I miss an announcement while my Internet was down turning this site into a democracy? Or is it Christmas of last year all over again? Quick! Get out the WE R OPPRESSED banners! -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.