Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Stats and Spell Points that effect class elements(Important)

Character Upgrade points

Detailed Description:
Alright, hers what I need, and need it I do! This is a bit of a key element to my game and I dont think it wil be too hard to do(I hope cause I really want this! =X)

Anyways, the game is a tactical rpg and features 8 classes and four different elements.
Now each class has four paths to choose; Fire, Water, Earth, And fire. Each path features 5 spells of the element(plus 5 "Neutral" skills that the class obtains regardless of the path chosen)

The way the classes advance in their path can be achieved in two ways, I would prefer method one but I also enjoy games with the second method. Really which ever the scripter prefers to do I am fine with.

Method 1: The player starts with the starting spell of each path(like method 2) but uses skill points instead to increase the level of each spell. So you could use the fire spell all you want but you would only be able to unlock a new one when it becomes available by putting a skill point into learning it. You gain one spell point per level.

Method 2: The players starts with the starting spell of each path, once you start using a spell of one element you advance on that path. The more you use the fire spell more fire spells become available and continue to grow stronger until reaching there max level..

Either way I would also Like you to be able to increase the power of each spell to level 5.
Also characters do not have to stick to one path. If you desire you can make them travel multiple paths. This will offer more spells and advantages in battle but also mean your characters will not be as strong as a character who increases in only one path. Make sense?

Now here is where the stats come in.

There are 4 stats in the default editor, STR, INT, DEX, and AGI. I want each one to increase the proficiency of an element. So the more you increase strength the more damage you will do with earth spells, INT=Fire, AGI= Air, and DEX=Water. Is all this making sense?

And to increase stats, characters receive 5 points to put into HP, SP, STR, INT, ect ect...

I would like the stat increasing points to be accessed from the status page, and the skill points(or skill advancement bar if method 2 is used) to be accessed from the skills page.

Screen shots:
Hers a screenie of method 2 style. Its a bit small but I think you can get the idea.
One main advancement bar to show the path level adn what skills are available, then smaller advancement bars to show what levels the individual skills are.
wakfu08102703a_1225083861.jpg
Other Scripts I am using (in order):
GTBS
So far that's it until I find a day/night system I want to use.

I know there are some scripts similar to characteristic points, but not quite what I am looking for. I want players to be able to build the characters the way they want to fit for their style of fighting. I hope I made this clear enough, Please ask me if you are confused, I need this done very badly.

Nolund

Sponsor

You should be able to do the first part (for the skills) using variables.

Either way you do it, have it so when "X" happens (x being your choice of method, either SP or skill usage) the variable increases. When you have the appropriate value, your skills are affect.

For example:

Set a variable so that every time you level you gain 5 SP. Every time you gain x number of SP, a new skill is added to your list. Then when you choose to learn that skill, you have a switch to say that you used those SP.

You should be able to do that no problem for skill use as well.

It might also work out for your stats question as well, but I'm not too sure on that.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.