Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Specific Anti-Lag Script Wanted

I'm using an ability grid in my game.  It's working really well, except for one thing - an exceptional amount of lag.  I'm already using an anti-lag script, but it still doesn't help with the tremendous amount of events I have on the map (around 300, I think).  So, I'm requesting a script in an attempt to correct this problem.

-From what I've seen, a majority of the anti-lag is from stopping the events off-screen from refreshing.  If this could be done in a much smaller range - 1 square away from the character's location, it would probably cut down on a lot of the lag.

-This limitation should only work on certain maps, obviously, since things like NPCs would still have to refresh.  Something so I could set what maps it works on would be needed.

I'm not experienced with script creation, so I'm not sure exactly how this would work.  If someone's interested, this script would be very much appreciated. :thumb:

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.