Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Sounds on screen

Hey there.
This should be pretty easy i think but i was wondering if anyone can make me a simple script.

What i would like is, on my project NPC's play a SFX and they interact with other NPC's and have conversations.
And what i would really like is a script that only plays SFX if the NPC is on screen.
for example, if an NPC is talking all the way north of the map, and you're nowhere near him, you shouldnt be able to hear him.

so maybe something like you can hear SFX if they are on screen, OR if i can leave a comment on the event to make it so you can hear it no matter what.

please if i didnt explain it well let me know. and please this would be a really big help. i will do something in return.

Kraft

Sponsor

Are you thinking something along the lines of like a Banjo-Kazooie talk thing?

Where, as the person is talking, and you are reading the text, it is making a sound that sounds like the character?

Or like in zelda, the people only make sounds, but never talk?

Or are you talking about you being at one end of the map, and the closer you get to the person, the louder a certain sound gets?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.