Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Sorority of Sorcery (shared IP concept)

What is it?

We all know that this year J. K. Rowling went full on Terf and in a very nasty way. She has taken with her the Harry Potter franchise we grew up with and loved so much, turning a positive setting into something entirely different. Well she can't take that away from us. As such I have had an idea, which is to set up a shared IP which game and other content creators can dip into to use in their own projects.

What is it?

Sorority of Sorcery, or SoS, is a shared IP. Think of it like Wizarding World, or moreso like the Forgotten Realms of D&D. A group of games sharing the same setting and characters, the same lore, and also, importantly, thematic elements.

OK, but what is it?

1673111383866.png

The world of SoS is set in the University of Magic, which is a setting that will be developed over time. It is a trans-positive scenario in an inclusive school where students are encouraged to be themselves. As such the school features many trans individuals, as well as others of course.

Think of this as Wizarding Woke.

The University of Magic

1673111479393.png

I haven't developed this part much yet, but the idea is to have a magic school that has branches around the world, which would allow people in many countries to dip into the IP in their own way.

Shared Resources and Assets

I will over time develop:
  • Thematic elements including logos, backgrounds, and key motifs
  • Splash screens and other elements
  • Themed resources for our resources and assets section, including uniforms, clothing and set pieces for use in various RPG Maker versions
  • Lore, storylines and characters from the history of magic
Game Jam?

When this is going steady I intend to launch a game jam in which people create small, short games set in the world of magic we are creating here (name pending).

IP Concerns

No content will be taken from Wizarding World. This is its own entity with its own characters, plot, story and spaces.

I do, however, want it to be known that this is a direct response to J. K. Rowling and do not intend to mince my words on the matter. This is us taking back HP. You don't own that feeling it gave us.

Playing quickly with the character generator in MV, I think the uniform could be something like this.

1673179329233.png

Though I must stress, this is a skirt/trouser version, not a male/female version. University of Magic ain't about that life.

Bad shot, but they both have cloaks:

1673194480407.png

Was going for this kind of look perhaps:

1673194528100.png

Alternative is something like this,

1673194768494.png

1673194778812.png

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.