Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

(SOLVED)Simple dash script.

This should be really easy for any one who understands rgss (But I suck at this so, lol, i cant do it myself.) I would really like to have a script that when lets say you press the a button, that you would run faster for about 4-5 seconds and then it would turn off again for 3-5 seconds, then you can use it again. Kinda like a zelda roll, or something. Thanks for the help ppl.

infini

well you dont need a script for this you could do it with a common event i could show you but i dont know how to show the image... :(  if you tell how to show an image i would gladly show you the trick ;)

Or
Code:
class Game_Player
  alias krypt_gameplayer update

def update
    krypt_gameplayer
    if Input.press?(Input::C) # keyboard keys |SPACE|, |ENTER| and |C|
      @move_speed = 4
    else
      @move_speed = 3
    end
   krypt_gameplayer
 end
end
Just make a new space above main and add it there in a new script.

By the way, infini, you dont have to copy and paste it into every map. If you turn on the switch "Dash" it stays on and works for every map. So just turn it on at the beginning of the game or when you want the carecter to learn dash. But say if you want to disable dash, just turn it off when going into a map. So really, i shouldve looked for other ways than a script. XD I keep laughing at people for doing the same thing when i do it occasionally too. Lol

Problem solved. Someone close this.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.