Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Snazzy Badgez

Erk

As a bit of incentive to help move the material from the old Links and Download Manager onto the new Download Manager (and as a tool to help myself learn PHP), I have set up a new badge. The "uploads" badge changes depending on how many submissions you have made to the new Download Manager. I will be working on details for it later: I would like it to be based on both number of submissions and number of downloads of your submissions, but we shall see. In the meantime, I hope it encourages people to re-submit things from the old LDM, so that I can delete the damned thing!

I will be trying to add some more functionality to the badge: for example, I want it to list all resources submitted by the poster when you click on it. I'd also love users to be able to view their old badges, and maybe even select which one they want to display, in their user profiles. We'll see.

Zabby

Um, different colours, different font, different positioning... the colours at the very least stand out. Hpw can people not see this? Or am I missing something too?

Tana

For people seeing the same one, Right Click on the right hand badge, click "View Image" and then hit the refresh button.

They're a bit harder to read now, but I like the more rounded look of the buttons instead of them just being rectangles.

Hmm. Now that I'm using Internet Explorer I now can see the differences.

This website is not very friendly towards Firefox users.

Anonymous

You were just seeing the image in the cache. It has nothing to do with what browser you're using. It happens with all of them if an image's name and url are the same, the image is in the cache, but the image has changed.

Erk

Yes, I can't see how the site would be that firefox-unfriendly since I am the one building it and frankly I never use internet explorer. There could be a dozen errors in IE that I am unaware of, but it is pretty unlikely I would miss any in FF ...

Erk

Nope, RC, only sponsors can set their badge. I am looking into making a new system that lets users control their badges though.. but no time soon.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.