Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Small tool for extending the "Show Text" and "Script" dialog boxes in RPGXP

poccil

Sponsor

This is a handy tool I made today, which extends the Show Text and Script dialog boxes in RPG Maker XP to allow more
text to fit than usual--in particular, a fourth line in the Show Text dialog box.

I hope it is of use.  Please access the tool from this link:

http://upokecenter.com/projects/extendtext.zip

To use it, just run the program while the Show Text or Script dialog box is displayed.

pretty good... i didnt think that just extending the boxes through a script would make the game actually read and run it correctly XD

how much do you really know about rmxp?? your scripts are amazing! have you by any chance found the hidden scripts yet as im quite close (i think)...

i found the RPG modules within the RGSS file and im working from there... cmon man PM me XD

Whoa ... This is very cool.

SUPER thumbs-up here.

But since this is an exe, not a script, I'm moving this.

Thank you, poccil, for this!

mawk

Sponsor

Wow. Like, wow. I've been lookin' for something like this for a long time. Now I've got a little more freedom to play around with fonts and text size. Thank you, man! :'D

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.