Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Small Request Concerning a Limit Break Script in a Battle System

**If this request is in the wrong place, or if its unacceptable since I didnt create the battle system from scratch, please let me know and i'll delete the thread.**

I've tried to get some help with this battle system by the one who put it all together, and in the thread for it, but i've either got no response, or responses that were far too vague for me to understand, considering I'm not experienced with scripting at all.

Alright, so to get to my request. There are 4 scripts that come with the battle system I have, and together they create a 'Limit Break' system, so that when your character deals or receives enough damage, the bar fills up and he gets a special attack. This works 99% flawlessly, but after having several people test the first chapter of my the game ive created, they found a bug in it. If you have a character use a Limit Break skill, and then have a character use a "regular skill" that is a physical attack and requires the character to move across the screen to attack the enemy in the SAME turn, when the character does the "regular skill", it completely misses the enemy, it doesnt have a 'miss' animation come up, or a 'damage' animation, it doesnt drain 'SP' even though it should when you use a "regular skill", its as if the skill hits thin air. I know this is a really minor problem, but it's very noticeable since most experienced players would save up their Limit Break skills for bosses, therefore running into this issue often.

::EDIT:: This problem ONLY occures when you have 2 party members. If you have any other amount of party members it works perfectly fine. Hopefully this bit of info will help whoever decides to take on my request.

I have tested this in the demo of the battle system, and the problem exists there too, so it has to be something within the script causing it.

The name of the battle system is 'Rye.jp's CBS Starter Pack' and it runs on RMXP

If anyone could help me with this I would appreciate it SO much, I would like, learn any song on the guitar and dedicate it to you xD because if I get this fixed, then this'll be the first battle system other than the default one i've ever had that works 100%.

Thanks to anyone that takes the time to help ^^

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.