Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Skip Intro

Hi, I have a problem with a few things in my game, The one I'm asking for help with is my intro,

I have an intro for my game, that appears before Scene_Title, It all works perfectly, But unfortunately, Every time I need to Playtest my game, I have to watch the entire Intro.

I am asking if anyone could design a simple script, that asks if you would like to skip the intro, in the form of a scene before the Intro appears EG. "Scene_Skipintro"

Like so:
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk24 ... screen.png[/img]
But instead of saying "Switch to Fullscreen?" It would be "Skip Intro?"
The "Yes" option would divert directly to Scene_Title and the "No" Option would go to Scene_Intro

If you need any other information about my request, Dont hesitate to ask.

Thanks

@KRoP
Actually, no we don't need to see the script. All you need to do is to create a script that asks the player a question, and call different Scenes based on what answer he chooses. If the answer is yes, it calls the Title_Screen.new and if the answer is no, it calls the intro script. :tongue2:

@gemise
I've created a script for you. It's not exactly like your picture but you can use it if you want it =)
Here is the script:
Code:
#==============================================================================
#  Scene_Intro_Skip
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#
#
#==============================================================================

class Scene_Skipintro

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # â—

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.