Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Skills that do more damage based on timing

I'm looking for a script similar to this Blitz script in which certain skills require timing to execute.

For example, let me try to illustrate with my crappy ASCII.

Let's say you have a skill called Golf Swing. It will always at least be executable, but does minimum damage at one end of the spectrum and maximum damage at the other one.

|=-------------------|

Imagine that is the gauge. The equal sign would be the marker of your power. The closer you are to the left, the weaker the skill is. The closer you are to the right, the more damage the skill will do. It would bounce back and forth, and you'd have to stop it accordingly.

|------------------=| WHABAM! FULL BLAST!

Or, for another type of skill--let's call this one Russian Roulette--the skill will ultimately fail if the cursor is stopped anywhere outside a target range.

|o-----===--------|

Let's say the o is the cursor and the === is the range in which the skill will work. The cursor will bounce back and forth, but to execute the skill, it must be stopped within the ===, like so:

|-------=o=--------| SUCCESS!

Sorry if this has already been requested, I honestly have no idea how to summarize this kind of system into two to three words. I found a similar battle system (Timed Hit Battle System) but I DO NOT WANT A BATTLE SYSTEM! I simply want this to be applicable to certain skills like the Blitz script.

Thanks for your time.

EDIT: On a side note, though this shouldn't matter much, I'd like it to be SDK (and GTBS) compatible, if possible.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.