Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Skills that deal with PP (think Pokemon)

In the Pokemon games, skills have their own individual PP, or power points. They are like MP pools for each individual skill--you can use Splash 20 times because it starts at 20PP after a rest, but Superwaterattack only 5 times after a rest because it has 5PP.

What I'd like in a script is a way to do the following:
-Be in RGSS2 (for RMVX)
-Be able to tag skills in their notes box with something like [pp] to make their MP Cost be its own, unique variable/countdown (see above)
-Have the MP Cost in the windows have an antecedant like... PP (how clever!) and reduce itself whenever the skill is used
-Have [pp] tagged skills be unusable when at 0PP
-Create a code snippet that refills all PP (also being able to refill, say, 3PP for all skills would be neat as well)
-Letting some items restore nPP for all of the used-on character's skills, where n is determined in the notes box
-Leaving actual MP alone so that I can use it for a limit break or super-duper skill thing or whatever.

I'm sure that there are plenty of Pokemon fan games to look at the code for this, but the biggest issue here is the seperate MP reserves. I'm looking to enhance the gTBS so that characters can use typical abilities n times but relying on an MP pool for special skills that "fight" for the character's energy use.

So many thanks, and credit would be enormously due (to you).

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.