Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Skill Use

Can I please get a script that makes it so that if you want to use a skill/cast a spell, you must first put in a series of arrow presses. Like, have a bar appear with a series of arrows and a line passing through Left -> Right, so the player has to press the arrows in time with the line. However good the skill/spell works is based on however good the player matched up. (Think DDR)

You would still need to edit that script. DDR doesn't need to complete all buttons to score (although if you miss a lot, the song is considered failed). Instead, you are scored based on how well you time your input (typically, from the most well-timed to the worst: Marvellous, Perfect, Great, Good, Boo, and Miss!). I think the efficiency of a spell is determined by the total score, so if you miss a button, the input will not be immediately cancelled, but will continue until the end of the line. Don't know if it's already matched your need...

By the way, it's an interesting idea ;) Suppose someone can make a DDR mini-game...

That's what I need, though I didn't mean it as DDR, just like a wizard chanting/hand signs/drawing runes. Based on how goos s/he did, the spell would be affected.

BLITZ/Tactical Skills by Momomo (Not for commercial use) may not reduce the skills effectiveness based on the accuracy of the 'button presses', but it can deliver a reduced effectiveness if you merely 'fail' to get 'em right.
Code:
     ...10 => [[LEFT,UP], [B]50[/B]],
        11 => [[L,X,R], [B]75[/B]],
        12 => [[X,C,RIGHT,R], [B]0[/B]],...
Skill #10's effectiveness is reduced to 50%... #11's reduced to 75% and #12's is reduced to 'zilch'.

But... it would be interesting to see a variation based on how accurate the player's 'button presses' were.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.