Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Skill Scroll and Skill Book Items

Taylor

Sponsor

Script Title:
Skill Scroll and Skill Book Items

RMXP or RMVX:
Wanted for XP, might be good for VX too if others want it. (Unless VX can already do it?)

Detailed Description:
In the original RPG Maker 2000 and 2003 there were types of items called "Skill Scrolls" and "Skill Books". Or "Skill Seeds" depending on the translation.

Skill Books taught a skill to an actor through the menu just as if you were using any other item. They could only be used from the menu, and could be specified to only work on certain actors or classes.

Skill Scrolls had the actor use a skill as if they were casting it themselves, only without the SP cost. They could only be used in battle. and could also be specified to only be used by certain actors or classes.

Screen shots:
Inapplicable.

Other Scripts I am using (in order):
I've only included what I believe might conflict (or assist).

Method and Class Library V1.5
SDK 2.4
(bits of) MACL 2.0
Skill Shop by Claimh
Only First Four Party Members, Stack States, Cast From HP*, Base Parameter Edits; all by Me
CTB Battle System by XRXS (XRXS65. CP制御ターンシステム)**
Movable Camera by XRXS (Translation by DerVVulfman)
KGC OverDrive

*This is the only thing that concerns me, as I have edited make_skill_action_result to check if HP or SP should be subtracted.
**This system only appears to edit turn order functionality. Turn performing is unedited.

Taylor

Sponsor

Ah! Great! But... it's only for learning skills. Not activating them. I have the former covered with a skill shop by someone I can't remember. The latter I'm more interested in looking for. But it's cool that you've done this anyway~

... and you made me register to your forum you little... you. = w=a

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.