Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Skill Linking Script

Skill Linking Script

RMVX

Detailed Description:
I'm looking for a script that allows skills to link to one another. For example, being able to make a skill attack 5 times with different animations, possibly single different attributes with each hit, and maybe even a buff at the start/end. I'm aware this kind of feature exists in Tankentai and a few other CBS, but I'm using the Behemoth Sideview CBS and have no intentions of changing it, although I desperately need this skill linking feature. Actually, I'm not quite sure whether or not Behemoth's has the feature, as I browsed through it and I couldn't find anything related to it, but I asked around and got no results. I'm also aware skill linking can be done through common events by selecting party members and forcing them to do actions, but that isn't possible in my RPG because there are a lot of available characters and the game utilizes the party member swap system. What this means is, if actor 2 is meant to use the skill, and I set force action in common events for party member #2, and actor 2 is in a different slot, nothing will happen. I've found a thread about the same thing in this forum, but it had no results and was made over a year ago. If you can't help me, but have some sort of lead regarding this kind of thing, please tell me. I've already asked around on RPG Revolution, and I didn't get any results there. I appreciate any help, and will be sure to credit you unless you don't want to be credited. Thanks again.

Other Scripts I am using (in order):
Side View CBS for RMVX Version 1.02 (Behemoth's)
Background Messages 1.0b
Character Select Menu Ver. 1.1c
Database Limit Breaker XP/VX 2.0
Diagonal Movement and Smooth Jumping 1.0
Item Stats Window in shop 1.1
Variable Criticals 1.1
Relatively Simple Fogs 1.5b
KGC Slip Damage Extension

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.