Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Skill levels

I've searched all over the internet for one, and I've found some, but with other things attached. I just need a simple script that give a skill % EXP every time it's used and displays it in the skill menu using a bar graphic from the picture folder and the EXP earned depends on the skill level. So basically:
Code:
def skill_exp
 draw_bar
 draw text '\%exp'
 draw text 'Skill EXP'
 take variable = skill%
 show % of picture 'bar.png' = skill%
end
def skill_levels
 if level_1
  exp = 5%
 end
 if level_2
  exp = 1%
 end
end
...and so on. that's about as good as I can explain it except that it need to be able to increase certain stats for certain skills, like:
Code:
if skill = lightning bolt
 increase_stat(Accuracy(+3), MDef-F(+5))
end
if skill = fire bolt
 increase_stat(Power(+2), Accuracy(+3))
end
...which means it increases certain stats for a skill by the specified number. And a few more things: This is just a skill level script, I do not want it to forget skills, learn skill, or in any way do anything else unless in benefits the goal I've set. I do not need anything that selectively uses classes to determine anything.

Thanks! :thumb:

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.