Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Single Player Menu system

One player CMS request!

The characters name:
The name of the main character, this is a name you write in the script. Not on the actor screen!

Potrait:
A picture that is located in the picture folder, you should be able to rename the file in the script.

Hp & Mp:
The Hp and Mp of the character.

Lvl & stats:
The level and stats will be displayed here when you open up the menu.

Current:
Current Exp you got.

Next:
How much exp is needed to get a new level.

Equipment:
The equipment you are currently wearing.

Biography:
Like a ordinary message on the map, that is displayed in the corner. Or it could be another image like the potrait, take what is easiest.

This is the window that appears when you click on item. Both Items and weapons will appear in the list. And it's from this screen that you equip your weapons and armor accesory etc. The same as in the deafault menu. When you have equipped a weapon it will appear on the main screen where the stats also are displayed.

The magic screen will look exactly like the item screen but instead of items and weapons. The skills you have learned will appear in the list. You can't do anything but see what skills you have learned. Just like in the default menu.

If it's possible you should put in a background image that will be displayed behind all the windows, so the users could customize their menus a little bit. If you got questions just ask. This is my final request for a one player CMS. :cheers:

That's better! :scruff:

Can you sketch up what exactly you want in the status window, and where?
Also, what font is that?

Here, I just rearranged the other menu, and changed the colors & windowskin.

zarnikmenuprotokv0.png

Actually, menus is a good place for a new scripter to start. They're all pretty straightforward.

That is a great base. I edited the first post with some more info. I come up with a layout and some more ideas. This request is going to be alot harder now I'm afraid. But since there is no good one player CMS, someone should make one. It's time to write RPG maker xp history!! :thumb:

And the font is called Parchment, but don't mind it. It's just for style. You should be able to change the font of course :smile:

EOG

Zarnik":34y000gt said:
The characters name:
The name of the main character, this is a name you write in the script. Not on the actor screen!

So do you want it to be a class of character(in actor screen) or just a variable in script?
Zarnik":34y000gt said:
Biography:
Like a ordinary message on the map, that is displayed in the corner. Or it could be another image like the potrait, take what is easiest.

Should it be scrollable and if yes how do you want to scroll it?

Do you want to merge Pdef and Mdef? If yes in what way?

How to exit menu and how to exit game? How to save game(if needed command).

Good questions! :thumb:
So do you want it to be a class of character(in actor screen) or just a variable in script?
The class of the character? No the name of the character. So the actor you are using, his name should be displayed there. The name you write at the actor tab in the database for a character should be displayed there. So if there are 5 actors at the actor tab. And one of them is in the party...uuum, the actor that is on the first party slot. Hmmm confusing, the name of the character you are using should be displayed there, probably the character you got in the first actor slot or something...do what you think is the easiest way to do it. I don't know how scripting works... :huh:

Just make it so the users of the script can put a name that will be the heroes name and that will appear at that spot.
Should it be scrollable and if yes how do you want to scroll it?
I don't think it has to be scrollable, if someone wants it you could make a v2 of the script...if you are making it that is.
Do you want to merge Pdef and Mdef? If yes in what way?
No let's keep the default stats... :wink:
How to exit menu and how to exit game? How to save game(if needed command).
For the game I'm making I'l use save points, but since probably more people will use this if it's ever being released I don't know. Don't add save, for the v2 if this script becomes populuar you could add save support on the menu. Because everyone aren't using save points I think. And how to exit game, yeah I forgot to tell you. When you click exit, you will get a message asking if you want to go to the main menu. Yes/No... :smoke:

Thanks alot man, this means you will try to make it? :grin:

Alright give us a screen :wink: Post it in the Script analysis when it's completely finished...you are making RPG maker xp history!!
There are no cool looking one player CMS's. Thanks alot! :cheers:

EOG

Ok it is finished. I edited some of your ideas so it is more usable for players if you want to change it tell what to change and I'll do it.

And question for you is this really the last thing you need to finish your game, that you want it so fast?

Changes from your idea:
- Item menu contains a help window which contains description of an item and information if item is equipable.
- In item menu weapons are shown in green, armors in blue, items in white. Unusable items in grey.
- From stats I deleted srt and put there atk if you want I can put there both or put there real damage that is dealled by attack(str+atk)
- When you press on equipable object it is equipped and the stat that rise or decreased is shown in green or red

WARNING: In this version of script common events from items and spells are not triggered.

Script works with and without SDK

DEMO

Ok this looks perfect!!!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Just a few questions:

*Where do you change the font and font size?
*What is the menu select? The image that is going over the buttons? Is it possible to use the default windowskin instead of that?

More text support would be good, such as changing the text sixe and font.

But this is totally awesome, you are a awesome scripter...just tell me how to get the default button select thing and how to change font and text size.... :angel:

Umm wow. If you got the menu to look just like the screen/mockup you posted....... DAMN SON!

That would be sick. It reminds me of The Last Awakening. Kind of inspiring actually. Do you have a project topic?

(I know this post is way off subject... sorry everyone. Just couldn't help but share my interest.)

EOG I found a bug, if you got one item in the inventory and you move down the game will crash...this is only when you don't use the SDK. So right now this menu only works with the SDK, but that is ok with me. :thumb:
And Mikee, I haven't got a project thread yet. I'm first going to create a demo... :smile:

Errors and thing that needs to be corrected in order to get this menu to be perfect!
*Is it possible to make this menu use the default window skin?
*Where do you change the colours of the letters in the menu?
*Where can you change the sizes of all the letters in the different windows?
*The Biography window doesn't work, the more text you write the smaller the letters become. You can only write 1/4 of the entire window.

This menu is great btw, but I don't understand why you took away the window skin support lol...that is kinda annoying :tongue:
And the reason I need this script fast, is because I want the CMS CBS before I start making the intro...hope you can fix this soon :toot:

EOG

UPDATE: v0.71
Fixed bug you mentioned.
The options you need are in options&info section of script.

Window skin support will be added soon but window_selectable.png will still be needed.
If you want to you can edit window_selectable.png to any width it will still work corectlly.

DEMO

Window skin support will be added soon but window_selectable.png will still be needed.
If you want to you can edit window_selectable.png to any width it will still work corectlly.
Can't wait for window skin support, I can't see the benefits of using a tiny little png image for a window skin.
window_selectable.png, can I make it so that this image acts like the default windowskin selectable. You know it just blinks and doesn't scroll to the right... :thumb:

EOG

UPDATE:
Windowskin support(does not need window_selectable.png)
Select effect changed to blinking.
Fixed bug of too many items.

Next update will be in scripts forum but if you find any bug or want to change something post here or there. When topic will be approved I'll post ling here.

DEMO

Ok it seems to be finished! Just one more question, you see this windowskin below:
57.png

I want to see the entire wood frame....this is what it looks at the main menu:

That looks ok, you can see the frame and all...but now look at it at the menu.

The frame is so much smaller, and I don't see that as a problem at all. But as you can see it cuts the windowskin frame. Instead of resizing the frame it cuts it so you only see a small part of it.
And there are alot of window skins that uses big frames. And they all look the same....I don't know what may be causing this, but if it could be fixed you should fix it :wink:

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.