Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Single 'BATTLER' battlesystem

Not like the system designed by Raziel which 'assumes' you have 1 person in your party, but...

Using a configurable value, like
current_member = 1
This value holds the ID of the single actor character that is set to fight the enemy(ies) all by him/herself... regardless of the number of members in the party.

However, a nice little feature would be if you set
current_member = 0
It would combine the stats of all active party members into a single TEMP-Battler that engages in combat. A nice option I think... @_@

The system should be able to run independant of the existing battlesystem in use (whichever that may be ^_^ ) so you can use this system and a regular battlesystem. No elaborate graphics requested... just a default(-like) compatible system.

I figure this would be good for duels (so you don't have to remove/add or substitute actors n such).

Wait 72 hours before bumping... heh... Took a whole week this time.

BUMP!

Okay... truth be told, I wanted to use this as a basis for a Suikoden 'WAR/DUEL' system... just as long as this system can be called even while the default system is still available.

And, no SDK please. General ALIASing is fine, though.

There is a Single battler script I think it's floating around I remember posting some tech help with it. I'll bring it up from my CP and link it here if it wasn't hacked.
Ok i dug out Raziel's 1 Hero CBS that still uses the default style maybe a few tinkering here and there you could fix it the way you would want it.
-=link to Raziel's 1 Hero CMS=-
http://www.rmxp.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7626
-=link to Raziel's 1 Hero CMS=-

Checked it out first, but it's not the same. Gives an appearance of a 'single' battler system without actually forcing just one singled-out battler to be the lone hero in battle. And the 'combined/merged' temp-battler idea is kinda wanted too.

That, and the ability to use this AND another battlesystem so I'd like to be able to call this from something like Scene_Lonebattle.new or whathaveyou.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.