Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Simpler Visual Equipment

What I'm requesting is something that, while like visual equipment, is less complex. Basically, this script will make it so while the actor is equipping a certain weapon/shield, his battler is changed. Thus, you can make is so not every weapon has a unique battler, but a group of (swords, for example) do.

I would also need to be able to have a battler that would appear only when a combination of items are equipped. For example, I have a battler when the actor is holding a shield and a sword. However, if he holds both, this script makes his battler the one holding both a shield and a sword.

So, basically, this script doesn't insert the weapon into battle, but rather just changes the battler graphic altogether.

Just to note, I'm using Minkoff's Animated Battlers, so keep that in mind when/if you design this script. I don't think it should be a problem though.

Thanks to anyone who can do this.

Well if you cant find the script, you can do it yourself with common events and a bit of editing with the monster groups, and it's done. But you would need to find you're on battler and do some other stuff, but scripts are ALWAYS better. Only do this if you can't find the script.

I saw that, but it seemed a little complicated. Like, I don't get how to make it so if an actor is equipping an item, his entire battler changes. I don't want the original battler to be holding nothing and then have separate graphics for the weapons.

However, I do use the equipment in battle script (Exactly the reason why I wanted this in the first place, ironically)

I might just go with events, but it'd be a lot of them. I'd just have to copy and paste for all the different troops, but I'd have to have a conditional branch for every single weapon.

Brenda was designed to change the equipment over the existing battler, not change the battler altogether. And Eladia and Brenda do not play well together, so you'd probably need to use events to do that right now.

But I've seen how events have worked well in battler 'Transformations'. A fellow RMXP member made a demo where his battler was able to shapeshift to and from a werewolf (nope... not me ;) ). And he was using Anim Bat too.

It can be done.

I know. Thats why I requested a new script, lol.

However, I know it can be done. The only thing that seems to be a problem is the equipment in battle script. For example, if I do

Conditional: Actor has Sword Equip
Change Battler - Actor_Sword
else
Change Battler - Actor_Nothing

and set it to "Moment", it will keep on changing the battler and the battle will never happen. If I set it to "Turn", it will happen however the graphic for the actor holding a sword will only appear when the turn begins. Then, if you remove the sword next turn, he will still have the same graphic until the actually battle phase starts, which seems strange.

Code:
  Conditional: [Switch]Weap_Chg = ON
    [Switch]Weap_Chg = OFF
  else
  end
end
And insert the Weap_Chg switch to be turned on when you exit the Eladia Battle Equipment script. There's code lying around here how you access RMXP Switches.

Just a thought.

Oops... sorry. Have the conditions reversed:

Code:
Conditional: [Switch]Weap_Chg = ON
    [Switch]Weap_Chg = OFF
  else
  end
end

'Course (for those catching up) there will be plenty more branches and fine tuning involved.

I still don't really get it. The moment the switch is turned off, the battler will be changed to showing no equipment. This would mean I would need the switch on all the time.

Is it possible to do something like this with scripting:

When actor 1 is equipped with {*weapon ids*}
Change actor 1 battlegraphic = Actor_Weapon
elseif When actor 1 is equipped with {*other weapon ids*}
Change actor 1 battlegraphic = Actor_OtherWeapon
elseif When actor 1 is equipped with {*weapon ids*}and{*other weapon ids*}
Change actor 1 battlegraphic = Actor_WeaponAndOtherWeapon
else
Change actor 1 battlegraphic = Actor_Nothing

But, obviously not exactly like that. And then, the script will update whenever a new weapon is equipped. Even in battle. Is that possible with scripting?

EDIT: Wait, I think I understand. I would turn the switch on at the beginning of the game. Then, if I equip a sword, the actor will show the graphic to represent it. The switch will then be off, because we don't want the event to keep on repeating itself.

Then, I have to make the switch turn on whenever the 'equip in battle' thing activates.

Is that basically it?

P.S. Is it me, or has RMXP.org been really slow lately?

1) Yes, you got it, though you may just want to create a $game_switches[4]=true condition or whatnot in Eladia and the default equipment system so changes to your weapons will be flagged.

Better yet, make it like this:
$game_switches[actor.id]=true
so each actor has a different switch... Aluxes would have RMXP's Switch 001, Basil would have 002, and etc.

2) Yes, it's been acting reeeeeaaaalllll slow.

OFFTOPIC:
The slowness may be related to the update/upgrade or whatever tomorrow morning. The upgrade may be a fix for this, or maybe the slowness is a subtle while-in-use backup system before the upgrade.

Well, adding one set of 'equip weapon' conditionals into a troop may be all that is necessary. Can't remember if he was the one who coded it, but I think SANDGOLEM made a system that copied a troops page into all OTHER troops pages...

...Effectively copying all your weapon battler changes into all your battles.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.