Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Simple skill menu system

pliio8

This is a simple script, basically I want an extra option on the menu to add a "skills" tab, in the tab there should be a list of skills (Alchemy, Martial arts, ect.), a current amount of experience that we specify by variables, an exp amount until the next level (Specified in script), and a bar to show your progress until the next level.

The script should be simple to program, such as so:

[1, "Attack", 28, 40, 124, 999]

The first number would be its lsit on the skills, so that this would be skill #1. The next would be the name of the skill, followed by the amount of experience it takes to go from no level to level 1.
The next number is important, it would show by how many % the exp between levels should increase:
Example, 40% increase with a 28 base:
Level 1: 28 Lvl 2: 39 Lvl 3: 54
And so on
The number after the percentage is the varible this skill would be tied to, the one that would be manually increased to increase the skill. The number after this is the max level in that skill

Alerts:
The script should also alert the player to when he levels up, for example, if he levels up Attack, then a message would pop up saying : "Congratulations, your attack has increased! It is now level 2"
A music whould also play, working off of the skill name, so a song for the attack skill would be a song named "Attack" in the ME folder.

If anything else needs to be specified, please notify me, and I will be glad to re-iterate as much possible :3.

Thanks in advance.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.