Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Simple Script (Show Animation)

Script Title:
Simple Script (Show Animation)
RMXP or RMVX:
XP ^^
Detailed Description:
Well, all I need is a script that does the same that the Show Animation command from the event window does.

You know? The one that shows a battle animation from the database over the event you want it to.

Well it should be something like

Call Script: show_animation(eventID, animationID)

(so i can use it with $game_variables, ^^)

so, it's simple right?
can someone with a little time on their hands do this for me? i would really appreciate it
i'm very sorry if they already did it, i couldn't find it in any other post (maybe cuz i'm a bad looker)

Screen shots:
a picture is worth a hundred words (at least).
Other Scripts I am using (in order):
well, not that i know well what i'm doing, but i added the SDK and cache, and anti-lag (not sure if any of them will ever be useful to me, but it's there and it's not f***ing anything up so...)
also i use hermes msg script and a more pictures script and a call event script. of course, i don't think any of that will influence at this script i'm asking for ;p but the template said to be specific.

Ok look...
when you need to find an event related commands, look inside the "Interpreter" scripts.
you can find many answers in there.

As for this specific case, try using this:

@anim = Interpreter.new
character = @anim.get_character(-1)
character.animation_id = 5

the "-1" means "Character", "1" means "Event 1", "2" means "Event 2", etc.

Hope it helps!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.