Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Simple Item Menu edit

Genji

I was wondering if someone could edit the default item menu, so that it looks like this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v461/ ... thingy.jpg[/IMG]

I want the part on the right to just be black the whole time. The reason I drew an arrow on the menu thing is because I was wondering if you could make it so thats one row of items, and when its full, any more items go to a new "page". To navigate through the pages, you press left or right. So:

Item Screen:

Potion
Potion
Thing
Ball
Ball ->> other items, and so on.
Hat
Sword
Knife

In short, like the FF8 item screen. You'll know what I'm talking about if you've played it. Let me know if you want it explained more. Credit will of course go to the maker.

Much thanks.

EDIT: Does it matter what CMS I'm using?

I like how you refer to this as a "simple" edit. You're basically asking someone to reprogram the whole thing. I don't have RMXP on this computer otherwise I would have attempted this. If no one accepts this in a few days I might be able to give it a shot.

Abbey

I'm assuming you don't want stacking items? I can't do that, but I can do it with one column and half the width.

In Window_Item

in the initialize method:
change
Code:
super(0, 64, 640, 416)
to
Code:
super(0, 64, 320, 416)
and change
Code:
@column_max = 2
to
Code:
@column_max = 1

draw_item changes:
Code:
x = 4 + index % 2 * (180 + 32)
 y = index / 2 * 32
to
Code:
x = 4
 y = index / 1 * 32

I only took about 5 minutes on this, but I've tested it and it works. You'll need a better scripter if you don't want them to stack. I'm sure by the time I post this, someone else will have posted already, anyway. Oh, and it might not be x = 4 + index % 2 * (180 + 32), I tested it in a game that I'd edited for 3 columns.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.