Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Simple CMS Request [XP]

Hi all, thanks for taking the time to read this.

Hopefully this should be a fairly simple request [though my knowledge of RGSS is practically non-existant so... apologies if it's more complex than I think it is].

I'd like to request a simple CMS. I've created a mock-up of how I would like it to look and have also seperated all the custom images the menu will use and can send them to anyone willing to help me out with this.

Screenshot
MenuMockupReq.png

Ok, so... the menu is made up of 3 custom images; the background which in the mock-up is set to 30% Opacity, normal blending; The torn parchment paper on the bottom left, which also has the main characters name already imposed on it [no need to code that in] ; and the character portrait. The box in the middle, behind the menu options is just a plain black shape set to 70% opacity, normal blending.

I'll try and explain as best as I can what I would like, though if anything's unclear, please feel free to ask!

I'd like the map to be visible while navigating the menu [the game has visible enemy encounters that track the player, so stopping events from processing would be great if possible- though not common events as several inventory items call upon those.] with the background overlay present at all times.

The torn parchment, HP & SP values and the character portrait should be visible at all times if possible. Obviously if there's trouble fitting all windows on screen [I can only really see this happening in the Inventory scene I suppose...] then it's fine to remove them. Though I would like them to stay displayed as often as is possible.

Also, if possible I'd really like to have the character portrait that's displayed controlled by a variable [how this is done, I don't mind really, so long as I'm able to change the image through events mid-game] as the main character goes through a few wardrobe changes over the course of the game and I'd like those to be reflected in the portrait [this is why I've made the portrait a separate image].

In all scenes, I'd like to replace the traditional windows with simple black boxes set to 70% opacity. Layout, I'm not overly worried about, so long as nothing is obscuring the character portrait or the parchment, and so long as it's cohesive.

I think that's everything... if there's anything I've forgotten to mention or if you have any questions, please ask away.

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to read this request! I'm open to talent trade on this and can offer sprites, edits and character/concept art. I'd also be willing to negotiate other forms of trade, so long as the pricing is reasonable. Thanks again.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.