Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Side-View quick edit problem!

darmak

Hello. I've been using these forums for quite some time, yet I have not posted. So you can imagine I'd have to be at least somewhat distressed to have actually made a post! well here's the situation:

The Problem

I am using a simple CBS by RaiseField which animates a side view battle system using character sets and shows weapons while attacking without *any* actual animation-making. It's really quite something, I like it a lot.

There is one little letdown, however. No matter what WindowSkin I use, when I go to select a target, the arrow does not point to the target very well. it's not just an annoyance, it's so off that it appears to be selecting one target when I am indeed selecting another one. When I alter the windowskin to show a downward-pointing arrow, it works fine one enemies but when I go to use a heal skill on an ally, it's WAY off.

http://pawsdarmak.googlepages.com/Problem.PNG[/IMG]
Notice I'm selecting BLOBO but it points to TAKOO!?

Ideally, what I could really use is a script that will either make a target flash a color or have a circle around it or something that indicates that it is selected, then I can simply erase the pointer in the window skin. I doubt it is a difficult thing to script, but I have a relatively basic knowledge of RGSS.

Any help would be extremely appreciated. I tried to do my best to describe the situation.

Thanks!

darmak

The ironic thing is, the moment I submitted this request, I realized there is an X and Y option for the arrow, and they were indeed way off. I simply set them to the correct coordinates and everything is fine now. apparently they give you those options for character spacing and / or larger sprites. oh well ^^ I filled my own script request! xD

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.