Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Side view Battle System for XP (Solved)

Hey there, I have a request. If I need to add/subtract anything from my message, let me know.

I know there exists an advanced side-view battle system for RPG Maker XP that does not require battler pics to use, and instead uses Charsets. (http://rmrk.net/index.php?topic=511.50)

Well, I am looking for a battle system that does use Battler pictures. I am not too concerned wih anything else, like where the HP goes and such, and it would be fine if it functioned the same way as the default battler system for RMXP does. I'm hoping it would look something like this...

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e131/ ... Field1.png[/img]

The reason I want this is because the pictures I am using mostly look sideways, compared to most battlers who look front to back. (The pics shown are not going to be used) If there already exists a script that does this (Or if my request isnt too hard to make from scratch) That would be excellent.

Also, if I need to do something in return, I think I am a fair Title-Designer, if that helps.

I'm not sure if there's a script that does this, but it's a simple matter of changing the coordinates of the battler pics in the normal system. If no one's done it before me, I could do this quick when I get home

That is great to hear :D And Im surprised I got a reply so fast!

I know how to position the enemies (In the troops section) but I dont know about the 'good guys'.  Anyway, if I dont find a system that does what Im describing, Id be honored if you could. ^_^

Minkoff's Animated Battlers script has an option that allows you to use default battlers like you've shown as regular battlers, basically replacing the characters.

And for telling you that I demand a perfect title screen!!! kidding

If you need help configuring it I am fairly good at working with it, so just ask away.  :straightthumb:

Ok, thank you Dadevster =D

Actually I could still make a screen for you if youd like. Though you prolly dont need one lol (But Ill definitely take a look)

It looks kinda complicated though, so Beran, if you still can, I'd appreciate if you could take a look at the coordinates for me.

Thanks anyway, Dadevster for letting me know =D

Okay, I did some playing around, and here's what you can do.
in your standard scripts under "Game_Actor", change this:
Code:
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # * Get Battle Screen X-Coordinate
  def screen_x
     Return after calculating x-coordinate by order of members in party
    if self.index != nil
      return self.index * 160 + 80
    else
      return 0
    end
  # * Get Battle Screen Y-Coordinate
  def screen_y
    return 464
  end

To this:
Code:
  # * Get Battle Screen X-Coordinate
  def screen_x
    if self.index != nil
      return self.index * 40 + 60
    else
      return 0
    end
  end
  # * Get Battle Screen Y-Coordinate
   def screen_y
     if self.index != nil
       return 320 - self.index * 40
     else
       return 0
     end
   end
The values can be played around with to get exactly the effect you want since it's up to you. Keep in mind though, the size of the battler might make some battlers look weird due to the fact that those coordinates are calculated from the top-left of the image.
Increasing the values under screen_x will move the battlers right
Increasing the values under screen_y will move them down
the format as you see is "self.index* some value + some other value" or "some other value - self.index * some value"
basically, changing the "some other value" will result in the first battler's position changing (and all the other battlers changing by the same relative amount) whereas changing "some value" will change the relative distances between the battlers. Hope that helps
basically, chan

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.