Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Side view battle script

For my game i would like a side view battle script, i know that there's probably millions of different types of it out there, but I can't find the one i want, so i'm hoping you guys can help me. :biggrin:
I'd prefer it if the script keeps the health and mana of the the team at the bottom of the screen, in numbers or life/mana bars below the name of that character, whichever is easier for you.
Finally for the enemies i'd just like their health above their battler sprite maybe with the name of the enemy, though it doesn't have to have the name, I don't want the mana bar the enemy shown.
If this script isn't possiblr any side view script will do, this is just my personal preference.

Sorry if I wasn't clear or made any mistakes it's like 10 to 10 and i'm half asleep

Atoa

@Misery
Well man, what you want had absolutely Nothing to do with the battle systems itself.
You can get any battle system, and edit the HUD.
Many of them come with the default hud, so you can use scripts to do that.
The same for the enemies health bars.

Also you didn't state for wich maker is you request.

So the hint i can giv you is: first choose the battle system, with the battle choosen you can search for an custom Battle Status window, there's really a lot of them out on the internet (don't limit yourself to search only here, google is your friend).
After that, if you have problems putting the battle system and the hud to work toghter, then you state wich battle systema and wich battle status script you using (and for god's sake, give links for the systems) and maybe you can get an solution.

oops... thanks atoa, i didn't know that it had nothing to do with battle system, i guess you really do learn something every day :biggrin:
i was using Xp btw ;)
i'll do what you suggested and see where that gets me thank you

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.