Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Showing the Show Variable command in skill descriptions...?

Well, I noticed that for some reason you can't use the "\v[n]" command in the skill description box (it just shows as is during test play).
So, I am assuming that for it to be possible to display variables in skill (or any database) descriptions, a script would be required. Does anyone know if one exists, or would be willing to make one? You would be credited of course.
I don't know a whole lot about scripting, but I'm assuming that doing something like this would be relatively simple...? I dunno.

it would be one of the message systems available here... wait... you want it to be displayed in the help window where you can read the skill description? mmm... maybe you need to do something else...

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.