Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

showing current sprite as a battler in defualt battle system

I need a script that will take the image of current sprite and use it as the character's battler I need this to work with the defualt battle system and the easy character creator script by kotfire please! It does not need to be animated I just want it to show what you look like in battle. Make it ocmpatible with 4 characters in a party please and if you can make the battler image scaled in battle by times 4 or whatever size it wil look like a normall battler image if you can

ParaDog, a Japanese scripter, made a sideview battlesystem that adapts the default system to look like a sideviewer. It allows you to use your actor's CharacterSets to act as battlers while leaving the enemy RTP Battlers alone.

While the enemies stay frozen in place, the heroes can still move a little. It's reminiscent of the SNES Final Fantasy battlesystems.

Someone asked for a similar system and I posted a translation. You may be interested HERE.

well this script works sort of with no bugs.. but when it shows the characters in battle they're all black... I'm assumeing becuase this is the base sprite... But it hsows is just fine in the party menu, screen save menu, and all other menus... I want it to do what it does to show the characters in the menus to do it in battle...

nazra7;309829 said:
well this script works sort of with no bugs.. but when it shows the characters in battle they're all black... I'm assumeing becuase this is the base sprite... But it hsows is just fine in the party menu, screen save menu, and all other menus... I want it to do what it does to show the characters in the menus to do it in battle...
They're... black...?

No... something is wrong somewhere. It uses the exact same graphics that you have in your Graphics\Characterset folder. You don't even have to import the heroes into Graphic\Battlers with this one. Only enemy battlers need be in the Battlers folder (like always).

I've just uploaded a simple demo right HERE. It's nothing more than the script in action against 2 ghosts. Nothing more has been changed or added.

Since it's plug n play, I'll probably remove the file after about a week. Save my webspace...

oh ok it is that ... see this character generation script don't put the sprites oof your character in the charset folder it's in adiffrent folder. how can I change that so it loads it from the folder these sprites are in? this folder is added uniquely for that script. see, if the sprites are loaded in awindow, like a character stat window or something... it will show them just fine. I don't know how that works but I want it to display it like that in battle...

Oh, smack...

You're using a Character Generator or Visual Equipment system... I never thought of that, but I don't know of anyone else who made a battlesystem that did. You may have a hard time with this one...

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.